Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Keera Pat Internatio

Keera Pat International School

Well Monday was my first day as a English / IT teacher at the Keera Pat international school. I am teaching brats from 6 years to 15 years old. Can’t say I am enjoying it as this isn’t the age I wanted to teach.

I am being lead in nicely though by a cool guy Teacher Patrick who is letting me sit in all of his classes. In two weeks I will be flying solo after taking over all his classes as he is leaving for the middle east.

The school is bran new only 2 years old, and it shows. This iceberg is the other way round. Everything works on the outside, but like most Educational establishments, on the flipside it’s a mess. I have been here three days and no not have a pass, access to the systems or even a contract.

I am getting a lift into School with Taya which is great as we get chat and be silly while making the crappy journey in the crappy traffic to the crappy job.

The staff here are, well we will say diverse. Some strong personalities with some wanting to prove much more than others. They are all nice people but just I sense they need to prove a lot as they don’t have the “ive been here 30 years” behind them.

I teach the IES class, the Intensive English Study programme which basically consists of the students who don’t cut the mustard in the normal Language arts class. I also teach IT to six year olds and its amazing how good they are at both English and IT itself. They all know Word better than me!

Well, I will keep ya`ll posted (AHHh the Americanisms are creeping into my mind).

No comments: